Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Check 1, 2, 3.....

Is this thing on?

Ok, so I started this blog to help process my thoughts, ideas, fears, and such, for this new adventure that I'm embarking on: motherhood.
I recently made the decision to become a mother through IUI (inter-uterine inception) with an anonymous donor. I've had the initial consultation with my doctor, and now it's just a matter of weeks before the first attempt.  I am both nervous and excited. Not scared at all. 

I have gone through approximately 75 donor profiles with 7 advanced searches. I have come down to 4 that appeared in the majority of the searches. I am now going through these final 4 to see if one jumps at me, or if it has that "feeling" when I read it. 

Then, once I have that decided, I go and finalize the financial stuff. Now, THAT scares me a bit, haha. But, I have to have faith that this is all in God's hands and he will set the timeline. I know what I want and when I want it to happen, and if that falls in to His plan, it will happen. I'm putting in my "pleas" now, ha. 

Until later.....